- Project: Jenolan Caves – Caves House Bistro Refurbishment, Blue Mountains.
- Sector: Hospitality
- Client: Jenolan Caves Reserve Trust – Office of Environment & Heritage
- Architect: Connor + Solomon
- Value: Not Disclosed
- Categories : Commercial Buildings, Featured, Hospitality
Intelle Building Services were engaged to provide consultancy services for the refurbishment of the Bistro at Jenolan Caves House. The project includes:
- New commercial kitchen
- New patron seating area
- Reconfiguration of the customer service flow
- New architectural lighting in keeping with the heritage aspects of Caves House.
- Upgrade to all engineering services, including kitchen exhaust system, air conditioning, fire protection, hydraulics, lighting and power.
- Working with architects Connor and Solomon and Project Managers CPS, the heritage significance of the project required an intimate exchange of design detail and coordination to ensure all services are unobtrusive and in sympathy with the intended outcomes for the heritage aspects of the refurbishment.The Jenolan Caves are an iconic tourism destination for NSW and are significant tourism assets for the Blue Mountains and Central NSW tourism regions. Operations at Jenolan Caves are important to the regional economies and provide motivation and stimulus for visitors to travel further into regional NSW.